Everyone is struggling with the impact of the Coronavirus lockdown. This is a crisis that will affect many lives for many months to come.
Here at the Shrine, Mass carries on and we are pleased to have our doors open to the public once again.
However, unlike many parishes, we have no investments, no properties from which we can collect rent and little cash in the bank. The Shrine is funded almost entirely on what people put in the collection each week. Covent Garden has a very small resident population, and so most of our collection comes from tourists staying in nearby hotels, or coming to the West End to see a show. With tourism limited and theatres still shut, we will feel the pinch of lockdown long after many of the restrictions are lifted.
You can help us keep going by donating today online. You can either:
- Make a one-off or regular donation using the button below.
- With November approaching, have your departed loved ones remembered at the Masses for the Holy Souls in Purgatory by clicking here.
- Have a Mass offered for a particular intention by clicking here.
- Have the Sanctuary Lamps burning before the tabernacle offered for an intention by clicking here.
- Join the Sodality of the Blessed Sacrament today, and have Mass offered for your intentions each month.
If you can, please Gift Aid your donation by simply ticking the relevant box during the payment process. This allows us to claim 25% of your donation from the Government.
Thank you for whatever support you can give us over the coming weeks. Please be assured of our continued prayers for you all!
You can also make donations by bank transfer using the details below. Please make sure you include a reference stating clearly what the money is for – i.e. “Donation”, or “Mass intention”. If you are able to Gift Aid your bank transfer, please fill in this Gift Aid Declaration and either email or post it to us. Thank you.
Account Name: Westminster Roman Catholic Diocese Trustee Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane
Bank: HSBC, 69 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5EY
Sort Code: 40-05-20
Account Number: 41094726